The FEED

Monday, August 11, 2008

Good Monday, Bad Monday?

FALCONS - GOOD MONDAY

With Saturday's pre-season game comes much optimism. In fact, I can't think of a time when a pre-season loss actually got me more excited.

QB Battles are sorting themselves out but more intriguing. There's some great surprises and bigger question marks.

  • Chris Redman - Reminds me of a poor man's Brian Griese. He won't LOSE a game for you but he'd not exactly going put THIS team over the hump.
  • Matt Ryan - Came out nervous and threw behind receivers. Other than that, he came as advertised. He DOES have something special.
  • Joey Harrington - "Whoa!" Right, I really like Joey but his play on the field reminds me of another Joey on a sitcom.
  • DJ Shockley - I was impressed. He was throwing to 2 receivers that need to be cut immediately (Jennings & Weems) and had the best throws of the night. I'd love the rotation to be Redman or Ryan, backed up by DJ.
  • Brent Grimes - D'Hall who? He really looked like an upgrade over Dhall, but it's still preseason.
  • Snelling vs. Brown - I really have to cross my fingers and hope that we can keep both of these guys.
  • Michael Turner - As advertised.
  • Falcons Offense - I didn't see that smash mouth football they were talking about but it seemed like a good evaluation of the QBs.
  • Falcons Defense - Glad we had some good surprises in the secondary, because it doesn't look like we'll stop the run too much this year.
HAWKS - GOOD MONDAY

Finally got Josh Smith back in uniform and he got paid. I'm in negotiations daily in my job, so I understand the process, but... really, did it have to go down like this?

BRAVES - BAD MONDAY

The prospects are getting playing time and Baseball has basically lost all meaning. Oh, Hampton got a win after 3 years of waiting. Good for him.



PROMOTE US!
BallHype: hype it up! Yardbarker! Digg It Stumble Upon Del.icio.us

No comments: